Wednesday 22 June 2016

The Wedding Blanket Squares Seventeen



It sure looks like a winter rose, I love it when the names makes sense.

Look at this beautiful mesh like effect. I love V-stitches, and using two colours on this part I think was very effect-full, but if i wanted a cooler look I would have used just one colour. These colours together are again very much like the sea in summer for me.
 I really liked this pattern but I am not so sure I would make an entire blanket in it.... The back post stitches are also very fun and after making this blanket I have made several back post stitches. I have not made any more popcorns though as I am not a huge fan of that stitch, looks awesome but it is such a hassle. 
33 grams and 21x21 cm
Four colours, this square uses Popcorn stitch, shell, V-stitch, front post double crochet and front post double crochet two together so it might look and sound complicated but honestly it was rather fast, about four hours and minimal ripping because I made mistakes. ^^ Yay!


And once again *Kio's square is the North-Sea. Love her purple lines in between!

No comments: