Sunday 26 July 2015

Confession time

 I have a confession to make. I am a serial starter, a procrastinator, a new idea kind of girl and even though I love finishes it is just something about those fresh new beginnings that are too alluring to resist.... I have a mountain of things that are almost finished or that needs a lot of work, projects that I still love and should find fun to do, but I just don't get around to finishing them... So I REALLY need to finish something soon! But I still want to have fun with making things and not be too strict, so every project that I Hate and don't want to finish I will unravel or give away instead of finishing them for the sake of finishing. That is my plan. And I will have a finish something day a month! I hope that will work. I don't want to put too much on my plate because I DO have those projects on a deadline and I am doing something on all of them. Remember that when I say: 
I just have another start....


I decided I needed something dead easy to do, and even though those Maybelle squares fit the bill it was just too much of a hassle to bring with me anywhere because I would need lots of yarn, scissors and the pattern. So I justified a new start. A Star blanket that will be my travel and easy project for when the brain just need some therapeutic hooking.

 Up until the second red it was all made from old wool leftovers, but when I saw Nille had a sale on wool yarn I bought some blues, almost the same red and a bright yellow.


Because they were all out of neutrals like white and grey I am still looking for sock yarn wool in those colours...
I think it will be a warm blanket for maybe the cabin or something. Even if the pattern is really easy it looks very complicated, this was the easiest star afghan pattern I could find. 
From the point of one of stars arms and to the middle it was ten inches, about 26 cm, but I hope I will make it into a rather large blanket soon enough.

No comments: