Friday 22 November 2013

Moar Cards and a tomte

You know, I was looking at my to-do-list yesterday, and I have started the gifts for most of the people on it. And some are even finished! 

I made another coaster:
I like this one, on sparkly aida. I have really enjoyed making these coaster and I can see myself making more of them. I get to use up stash, I find the charts from my magazines, and all I have to buy is the coaster itself, and it is super cheap. It goes fast and there is no making up afterwards, just jam it in and close. My kind of project. And tadah, finished.


Here is another stitched card, There is only one left of the stitched variety and about eight non-stitchy cards, I think I will be able to send them out next week. Last year my mum bought the stamps and we signed all the cards together and sent. Maybe she wants to do that this year too? It is nice to send home made cards and I like sending them with my mum because we have been doing that forever. Plus it is never stupid to share the cost of the stamps;) Most people still think of my mother and me as a set anyway so a card from us and my boyfriend together might not be a dumb idea. I think I will ask them and see what they think. :)

Look at the poinsietta Bouffle is holding, that really is the most Christmasy flower I know of. I am thinking about buying one in plastic though because it is very toxic to bunnies and my bunny can get to anything she puts her mind to. To be honest I am fairly certain she can make people do whatever she wants by telepathy. The other day I found myself giving her a small banana bite even though I was adamant she would not get any as she had already gotten apple from boyfriend when suddenly I heard her nommin away on the banana…. Wonder how that happened.  

 So more cards. I like making simple cards, the lovely green aida is from a Bothy threads kit I did years ago and still had in my stash. There was not that much left, but I still keep the little pieces just for instances like this. I usually use fray-stop- glue on them immediately after cutting them and keeping them in my stash, because I hate for them to fray into something unusable just by being in the stash.



  God Jul means merry Christmas in Norwegian. I have used a Permin letter font from their God Jul heart ornament stitch that I bought the other day.




And I have also updated my bunny ornament stash!

This little darling was a shop display, but since she was broken I got her cheap. They are selling off the rest of their ornaments on the 22nd. I have my eyes set on one of them. Bunnies prefer bunny partners after all.


And, I have my first proper bunny christmas ornament. I see bunny ornaments on blogs all the time, but the only ornaments made for adults come during easter, and since Christmas is my holiday I want tons of bunny Christmas ornaments. Look at the little fellow, he looks like a proper "fjøsnisse".


No comments: